How it works
AXIOS’ methodology integrates clinical, therapeutic, and evidence-based programming to develop life skills, improve academic achievement, and create pro-social bonds with adults, peers, community leaders, law enforcement, and teachers.
1) Prevention Specialist Services with a personalized Individual Service Plan.
2) Intensive Outpatient Treatment where youth receive mental health counseling and substance use treatment (if needed),
3) Daily Life Coaching by adult mentors to teach youth life skills (dress for success, hygiene, resume writing, job coaching, personal finance), and much more...
4) To ensure that middle school students develop healthy habits in person and online.
How to identify and address cyberbullying and cyberstalking
What to do if someone they know has been a target of bullying, whether in person or online
How to avoid peer pressure
5) Academic Tutoring services provided by certified tutors.
6) High school students- Internships with local municipalities/companies that focus on individual career goals for high school students.
John F Kennedy High School
Daily After School Care
Monday - Thursday from 3PM -6PM
+ Literacy and Mathematics
+ Math, Science and Technology
+ Junior Achievement Enrichment
+ Special Talents programs
Funded by the Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services (ADAMHS) Board of Cuyahoga County is responsible for the planning, funding and monitoring of public mental health and addiction treatment and recovery services delivered to the residents of Cuyahoga County. Their mission is to enhance the quality of life for our community through a commitment to excellence in mental health and addiction prevention, treatment and recovery services coordinated through a person-centered network of community supports.
The Ohio Department of Education awarded competitive grants to support partnerships between schools and community-based organizations (CBOs) that seek to provide out-of-school time (OST) services designed to address students’ academic, social and emotional needs.